Saturday, November 1, 2014

30 Days: Thoughts of a Future Farmer Day 1

Blogging is a lot of work!  Why on Earth do I do this?

We all have things we do that make us question, "Whyyy?"  Well, I've thought this time and again, and come to a couple conclusions (these are my "thoughts" for the day).

1. If I don't, then who will?  I've always been 'that guy' who does everything because nobody else jumped up and volunteered, and maybe that's what got me into this.  However, I always enjoyed writing and (fortunately for me) I don't have classes this far at Purdue that make me write (so far).  I like reading all sorts of different things, so maybe others like reading my blog of musings...

2. Even if others are doing this, how will my network of people get this learning opportunity?  Friends see my personal Facebook timeline and probably think, "Oh good! More #AgStuff."  For every four that aren't interested in the million links I share, I firmly believe that at least one probably is, and on my blog page, I know they are (I see page view numbers).  I just think it's worth it.

3. Someone has to be on the offensive from the agriculture industry, because we have to spend too much time on the defensive after anti-agriculturalists post uneducated, or simply, false information.  Take the famous "Food Babe" for example.  She's a computer scientist who spews false information about food production and does not give anyone answers, just fear tactics.

4. I feel like as long as my grades are not suffering for the benefit of my blog (and I assure they are not) I feel that this is an experience that is very valuable.  It benefits my skills, and gives others an outlet through which to ask questions and get real answers.

To sum up today, as I'm trying to decide exactly how I want to write this series, I hope this was interesting...

As always, please stick with me through the series!  You may find some interesting things in my posts!

Please reach out to me on other forms of social media!
Facebook Page, Twitter, Pinterest, or Instagram 

Linking up with Holly and the other 30 Days Bloggers Here!

This picture is from last Friday night, as Luther shut the 860 down for the night.
I'm pretty sure we just have some double crop beans left to harvest.  The switch back to corn came early this past week.  Praise be, they're almost done!

No comments:

Post a Comment