Sunday, November 17, 2013

Day 17: The Important People in Your Life

This post goes out to my best friend, and girlfriend of 4 years (one month from today).

Every day is an adventure to say the least, and we all know that some adventures are more enjoyable than others.  What makes a day great isn't the day itself, but rather the people you get to spend it with.  Surround yourself with good people and every single day is more enjoyable.

Whether they're family members or just non-relative friends, we all have those people in our lives that are just very important for various reasons.  In my life I have many of these people, and they helped me to become the person I am today.  I do not want to imagine where I could be without all of the positive influences that impact me daily.  Just the same as you make a difference in the life of someone else, every day, someone is impacting you.  Keep the people that change you for the good, as well as those who augment your better qualities. 

For me personally, if it were not for my best friend, I would have never had a large number of the opportunities I have gotten to enjoy.  When I am at an opportunity fair with Purdue or AFA, or when I am having a discussion with others where they ask about real-world experience, I can answer those questions with honesty about actual real-world experience. My start in the agriculture world began with my best friend introducing me to my boss (who just happens to be her dad, but still).  I mentioned in an earlier post about the importance of the people you are connected to and how both of your networks combined can be life changing.  I have learned how truthful this is at school.  I made friends in the Animal Science department who, after discussing dairy cattle and pigs for a half hour, talked me into looking at Agriculture Future of America leadership conference.  This conference was one of the best opportunities I have had.  If I had never made this connection, the opportunity would have never existed.  People are important!

Never take those close to you for granted.  Always let them know you're glad they are around.  Yes, even your mother needs to know you're glad she's always there for you!  As a person that has a lot to be thankful for in his life, I speak from firsthand experience.  Here's to my friends, family, mentors, teachers, and anyone I missed!  I'm so thankful for how you all have impacted my life and hope that someday I can do as much for you as you did for me. 

And here's to my best friend, and a lifetime of memories yet to come!

Happy (late) Sunday!  I'll be back to agriculture topics Monday!

Linking up with Holly's 30 Day challenge here.

No comments:

Post a Comment